Friday, February 17, 2012

Welcome!

And I'm welcoming myself, mostly, because I know this post will most likely go unread. That's okay! There are - according to my estimates - roughly seventeen kajillion blogs in the world. My name is Mike, I am a writer. I have written a lot of things over the last twenty years and now I am writing a book about two of my favorite things; being in a band and fighting transdimensional beings bent on taking over the world.

I have written the first volume in this saga. I have mapped out the rest of the series and am itching to get to writing, but I am seeking feedback on the first book before getting in too deep with the series. The first book is short. Only 20K words. That's by design. I want to make short books that don't intimidate or scare off young readers. I want readers to have that sense of accomplishment when they finish a book, which will encourage them to read more. I know nothing about publishing paradigms, obviously, I am operating on instinct and my experience with my son and his friends.

In the future, this series will be a multimedia extravaganza with music, videos, interactive games and all that good stuff. But I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. Right now it's all about putting words on the page.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment: